Lee Guardianship Services, Inc. is a not for profit Florida Corporation organized to benefit local indigent elders, mentally ill and developmentally disabled individuals in need of guardianship services. Therefore, each year, the charity accepts applications from professional guardians who have provided pro-bono services to their wards.
Requirements to be eligible to receive funds from the charity?
- Be a registered professional guardian in good standing with the State Guardianship Office. Your certificate of registration showing that you are a professional guardian must be provided with your request for funds.
- You must have provided pro bono services to a ward and meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered professional guardian in Lee County; or
- Be a registered professional guardian in any county in Florida with a ward who placed funds into the Lee Guardianship Services, Inc. Pooled Trust.
- Submit your written request for funds between January 1st and February 15th for the past year’s services. You must provide a list of your pro-bono files showing each ward’s first name only, the court case number, the number of hours for the prior calendar year spent on each file and the number of total pro-bono hours spent on all files. Do not include expenses.
Amount you may receive from the charity?
- The amount of funds available for distribution will be determined in January of each year.
- Once the February 15th deadline to submit payment requests passes, available funds will be distributed to guardians on a pro-rata basis based on hours worked. However, the maximum rate will not exceed $20.00 per hour.